Here’s our opinion of Deus Ex: Human Revolution, released in August 2011 by Ion Storm Inc. Available for PS3, XBOX 360, and PC. The game is set in 2027, and follows Adam Jensen, the security chief for Sarif Industries. After an attack, Adam must undergo radical surgeries that fuse his body with mechanical augmentations. Then he must search for those responsible for the attack.
• Highly replayable due to many decisions leading to several different outcomes.
• Variety of gameplay that incorporates stealth, action, and dialogue that caters to how you want to play it.
• At least a 45 hour game WITHOUT
doing any side quests.
• Wonderful European art direction leading the game’s style.
• Graphics, while not terrible or bad at all, are a bit dated.
• A.I. is predictable and not particularly smart.
• The game’s soundtrack, while sufficient, isn’t particularly moving.
• VERY boring boss battles that break up the variety of gameplay Deus Ex
normally gives you.
FINAL SCORE: 9.25